A PR professional - Diana's recipe
-Bachelor's degree in public relations, marketing or any other related field
-Understanding of social media
-Willingness to learn
1. First of all, I applied and started my Communications and Public Relations course at the University of Bucharest - Faculty of Letters. I made sure I attended all of my lectures and I was an active student.
2. Then I poured some energy and initiative and become a volunteer in the PR department within the Business Organisation for Students, the place where I had my first contact with the press and partners, the place where I first started to develop my PR skills.
3. Luckily, I had the opportunity to be an intern at Golin Romania. As an intern, I proved myself that teamwork is essential when working on building your client’s success, that time management is the key to making mindful choices and becoming more productive, that you cannot do anything without research and that every challenge is another favourable circumstance to exceed your own expectations.
4. The Communication department at MetLife was the place where I understood that every organisation is unique and every PR strategy has to identify with the organisational culture.
5. I also worked as an Account Executive at Action Global Communications Romania. As we know, every organisation is exposed to crises and you have to be proactive. Anticipating a critical situation is the first crisis management step you can take in advance.
6. I made sure that I added all the ingredients I've had, but I am convinced that I need many more.
This dish will never taste as it tastes now as I am still learning and working to make my dream come true: to become a better version of me with very second of work experience and revolutionize the PR industry.