Recommendations on Travel to Leeds
We recommend flying into either Leeds Bradford Airport directly or Manchester Airport. These offer the most convenience to Leeds. We would recommend against flying into London.
If you fly into Leeds….
- Bus information from the airport: Go to Stand 1 and take the 757 bus to the City Square stop (Stop P5). This puts you near the train station and in proximity of most of the hotels in Leeds. It takes about 40 minutes. The cost should be less than £5
- Taxi Information: We strongly recommend against the taxi option at the Airport (Arrow taxi) as they are usually the most expensive. We recommend Uber (the least expensive) or Amber Cabs. Both have apps available and the Airport has free wi-fi. The cost ranges from £17-22 and takes about 20 mins (traffic dependent).
If you fly into Manchester …
- Train information from the airport: This is the best option. We recommend shuttles or buses from Manchester to Leeds. Manchester has a train station right at the airport. Just follow the signs from your arriving terminal to the train station. There are a lot of regular train options (they run every 30 minutes leaving from their airport) running from Manchester Airport Train Station to Leeds Train Station and range in transfer time of 1 hr 20 mins to 2 hours. The cost for a one-way ticket is around £20, depending on the time of day.
Hotel Recommendations in Leeds
Please be aware that the conference is in the Leeds City Centre and parking is… scarce and expensive. We strongly recommend mass transit/taxi into Leeds City Centre. If you are driving to Leeds, you should factor about £20/day for parking in the city centre. Based on where our conference location, the following are the recommendations for hotels…
- Hotel Novotel Leeds Centre – 4-star (as of 1 May approx £80/night for conference dates). 0.2 miles (5 mins walk) from the conference venue. This is our primary recommendation for convenience and location.
- The Met Hotel – 4-star (as of 1 May approx £85/night for conference dates). 0.4 Miles (7-10 mins walk) from the conference venue.
- Quebecs Hotel – 4-star (as of 1 May approx £130/ night for conference dates). 0.5 Miles (7-10 mins walk) from the conference venue.
- Crown Plaza Leeds – 4-start (as of 1 May approx £100/night for conference dates). 0.4 miles (7-10 mins walk) from the conference venue
- The Queens Hotel – 4-star (as of 1 May approx £100/night for conference dates). About 10 mins walk from conference venue.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leeds City Centre – 4-star (as of 1 May, approx. £85/night for conference dates). About 10 mins walk from conference venue
Budget Hotel Options:
- Discovery Inn Hotel – 2-star (as of 1 May approx £50/night single – £100 quad occupancy). 0.6 miles (10-12 mins walk) from the conference venue.
- Cosmopolitan Hotel – 3-star (as of 1 May approx 50-70/night). 0.7 mile from conference venue.
- Easy Hotel Leeds – 3-star (as of 1 May approx £30-40/night). 0.7 mile from conference venue